If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (720) 899-4512

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What Are The Leading Causes Of Fire Damage In Homes?

2/10/2023 (Permalink)

gas stove top Fire can spread quickly, give the professionals a call after a residential fire loss

Fire damage is serious and it can happen in a variety of ways. It can be easy to get complacent about the dangers of fires in your home, but it’s always best to be aware and prepared. In this post, we’ll look at some of the major causes of fire in homes across America and what you can do to prevent them.

Cooking

There are several ways that cooking can cause fire damage in your home. One of the most common causes is overheating and ignition of oil or grease, which can happen when you leave food in a pan on the stovetop for too long without turning off the burner. When cooking, never leave food unattended.

Heating

Heating equipment is the leading cause of home fires. Space heaters and furnaces are the most common culprits and cause fires if they're not used correctly. Make sure you know how to safely operate any type of heating appliance in your home, especially if you have children or pets who may be tempted to play with them.

Electrical

Electrical fires are another leading cause of home fires and can result in significant damage to your property. Electrical fires are caused by faulty wiring, overloaded circuits, or damaged electrical outlets.

If you're experiencing an electrical issue with your home's electrical system, or if you notice signs that there might be a problem, contact an electrician as soon as possible. You should also use surge protectors and power strips to prevent overloading circuits in areas where they may be at risk for damage or failure.

Candles

It's important to take care when using candles. Candles can be very dangerous if they are left unattended or set up improperly. When burning candles, consider the following:

  • Keep candles away from children and pets.
  • Make sure that candles are placed at least three feet away from anything flammable, such as curtains or clothing items hanging on a rack nearby.

Fire damage cleanup and restoration

When you need fire damage cleanup and restoration services, who should you call?

At SERVPRO of Firestone, Platteville, we offer a range of services to help you get your home or business back to normal after a fire. Our team is highly trained and experienced in cleaning up after fires, so you can rest assured that your property will be in good hands.

We understand that fires happen under many different circumstances, which is why we offer a wide variety of services.

Fire damage can be devastating to your home and your family. The good news is that there are steps you can take to prevent fire from happening in the first place, as well as ways to protect yourself against it once it does occur. If you want more information on how we can help protect your home from fire damage, contact us today!

Other News

View Recent Posts